See my blog in your own language

Sunday 23 June 2019

Four rules to learn any language

Learning a new language can be very exciting and challenging as well. But remembering all the grammatical rules and vocabulary is very boring. When I started learning French I used to by heart the rules and learnt thousands of words. I thought that this was the only way to learn any language.


But once a group of French students came to my school, I found myself standing awkwardly in front of those students unable to say anything other than ' Bonjour, Je m'appelle Ayan. I even couldn't understood what they were trying to convey. I felt really helpless.

The next day I was determined to speak French fluently. But my efforts failed which led to frustration. Later when I told this to my English teacher she told me the correct way of learning any language. She told me that rather than memorizing vocabulary list and studying obscure grammatical rules , I should focus on that part of French which I need to communicate with the locals. As soon as I followed this rule my French quickly improved and I am proud to say that I speak French fluently and following the same rules to learn Spanish.


I realized that learning that 20% of French that make 80% of conversations is the key to speak French confidently. So I will share the four rules which any person (any age) can follow to learn that 20% of French required to speak confidently. So wait for the next post. Thank you.

*WORD QUIZ: Synonym of assiduous ( means to work diligence) - s d l u 

  • Answer of last quiz :Bon voyage

No comments:

Post a Comment