See my blog in your own language

Tuesday 9 July 2019

Learn any language in 15 minutes only #Rule no 4

After using the 3 rules you discovered over the last few days to learn to speak French fluently. I decided to use the same rules finally master the Spanish language.
And failed miserably.
I was super motivated so I went to La Fnac (a well-known French book shop), bought Die Elfen, a fantasy book I had always wanted to read and started listening to lots of slow French conversations.
With all that, I knew I was going to finally succeed.
             

It started well. I was studying for a few hours every day and quickly read half of the book.
It was exhausting, but I was happy because I knew I was on the right track, I knew I would soon be able to joke in French and impress everyone around me.
Then life happened.
I started getting distracted, my study sessions became rarer and rarer and I quickly ended up forgetting everything I had learned.
That's because I wasn't following rule #4: study for at least 15 minutes per day.
When you start learning French, it's tempting to decide that you'll spend 2 hours studying every day.
And you may actually be able to do that.
But for most us, that's simply not realistic.
When you come back home after a long day of work the last thing you want to do is study French.

Sure, you promised yourself that you would study every day, but there are times when you would rather spend time with your friends and watch Amélie on Netflix.
There is a simple fix to this problem.
I call it the 15-minute rule and it will help you stay motivated and make steady progress even when you really don't feel like studying.
Decide you'll spend at least 15 minutes studying French every day.
That's it.
By doing that, you make starting (the hardest part) incredibly easy.
After all, you can just study for five minutes and stop.
But the truth is, you're unlikely to stop once you start.
That's what makes the 15-minute rule so powerful.
Ready to get started?

Then cross off each day of study and enjoy the intense satisfaction of knowing you are making progress every day and will soon speak French with confidence.
À bientôt !

P.S: Several studies have shown that writing down your goals on paper makes you way more likely to accomplish them so make sure you print the calendarand write your goal on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment